Friday, October 1, 2010

The discovery never seems to stop.

This is my friend Steve.
"Everyone stop asking me to do things I like!"
Not long ago, I borrowed Steve's computer for a few minutes to show him a video clip. In the short time we were on Hulu searching for the clip, we had to sit through two different birth control commercials, as well as repeat screenings of a disturbing, Lisa Frank-style cat commercial. Each time Hulu asked if these ads were relevant to me (read: relevant to Steve's computer) I clicked "Yes."

If you ever use Steve's computer, I implore you to follow suit. I dream of a world in which Steve is so bombarded with Yaz and Friskies ads that he writes unpleasant things on helium balloons and releases them over a field of ostrich-legged turkeys.

Good luck, and we're all counting on you.

3 comments:

Martyn Wendell said...

I'll give it the old college try

oh wait

I guess I'll just give it the old ... try

Steve said...

what.

Emily said...

this made me so happy.